Taking into account the four errors seen in most programmes, my recommendations for your GAA programme include:
- Setting an upper limit on training volume
- My recommendation is 1,400 total repetitions per month maximum
- Prioritise single leg training and single leg power development
- Single leg exercises should account for 12 to 15% of total volume
- Find ways to challenge and increase shoulder stability
- Heavy leg training or 100% focused “Leg Days” should be avoided
In this FREE download you will get access to a training log template that you can use for your own GAA preseason training sessions and you will also receive a sample of a 4-week strength and conditioning programme that will be used as a GAA preseason plan.