- How Much Exercise Do You Need per Day?
Do you wonder how many times a week you should exercise or how to optimally format your training over the… Read More »How Much Exercise Do You Need per Day?
- How to Meal Prep – A Beginner’s Guide
Meal prepping does not have to be complicated. Find tips and ideas from this article and get started today!
- Motiv8 Fitness Location
Motiv8 Fitness | Our Location We are an independently owned and locally operated gym in Waterford that offers strength and… Read More »Motiv8 Fitness Location
- Meet Our Coaches
Kevin Barry – Owner & Director of Performance Hi I’m Kevin and I am the Founder, Director of Performance, and… Read More »Meet Our Coaches
- Schedule & Membership Info
Membership Offerings Strength & Conditioning Classes Monthly Rates 8 CLASSES / 2 sessions per week €79 (€9.80/class) 12 CLASSES /… Read More »Schedule & Membership Info
- Gym Results: When should you expect to see changes?
You just started training and you’re now wondering when do you start seeing results? The answer is it depends as each person’s body will respond differently to one month of exercise but with a structured strength and conditioning programme you should start to see some fitness results and health related benefits within a few days of starting a training programme. Learn more about the specific benefits here.
- Free Day Gym Pass in Waterford
To request your Free One Day Gym Trial Pass, simply fill in the form below and we’ll get in touch to book you a visit.
- Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS): How to feel better after exercise
Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) has the potential to derail your fitness journey. Learn how to minimise its effects with these 4 tips!
- How to return to sport after a hamstring injury
A pulled or strained hamstring is frustrating. In my professional experience I have found that returning to training and games… Read More »How to return to sport after a hamstring injury
- Satisfy your sweet tooth cravings with these 4 foods
Do you have a sweet tooth and find it difficult to find satisfaction while on a diet or looking out… Read More »Satisfy your sweet tooth cravings with these 4 foods
- 5 Strategies to Gain Weight the Right Way
Learn safe strategies on how to gain weight the right way.
- Exercises and Movements to Relieve Lower Back Pain
Find out the potential root cause of back pain in this article. Exercises to improve hip internal rotation, hamstring flexibility and core strength are all included here.
- Here is how much protein you need each day
If you are a youth sport participant or an active adult you will need to exceed the recommended dietary allowance… Read More »Here is how much protein you need each day
- How many calories do you need per day?
You might be surprised to learn but the answer is probably not 2,000 to 2,500 calories for you. Learn more here.
- Get Stronger Legs with This Simple Training Template
Build lower body strength with just 5 exercise per day
- Full body One Dumbbell Workout
Build full body strength and increase fitness with these 7 moves
- Reps and Sets for Strength Training: What is best?
Benefiting from bodyweight workouts can be challenging at times. Learn how to make the most of them in this post.
- How to develop an at home bodyweight program
This post will help you develop an effective, personalized and full body at home workout plan without equipment.
- Fitness Tracking for Soccer Referees: Understanding the Basics
As GPS trackers and fitness watches become cheaper and more accessible to larger audiences it comes as no surprise that… Read More »Fitness Tracking for Soccer Referees: Understanding the Basics
- Bodyweight Home Workouts
Limited access to the gym and weight room due to the COVID-19 pandemic has meant that many of you have… Read More »Bodyweight Home Workouts
- Performance Characteristics of Champions League Referee, Howard Webb
View key takeaways from an insight into Howard Webb’s training and match performance from 2003/04 to 2009/10